A4uExpo 2011 rocked! Since I attended the A4u in 2010 I didn’t want to miss it this year. After my speech at the Affiliate-Tactixx conference I met Matthew and asked him for a speaker slot for Adsense optimisation, which is a good match for the people between employees or agencies and the superaffiliates.
One of my highlights was to meet Dave in person. We took a few minutes of the conference to make a short video recap of my Adsense talk.
I had a blast doing 2 or 3 Webmaster in Da PoOL sessions with some webmasters, skateboarding in Munich after the conference, missing my plane back to Hamburg and having a nice lunch with FilOnTheRoad instead and people wanting to touch my FiveFingerShoes. The day before I attended the LinkResearchTools workshop which showed some real nice insights about linkbuilding.
A few slides are already online under: The A4u Blog
- HTML5 is great but since not a finished standard yet really difficult to make it validate in a productive environment. Better stick to XHTML 1.1 transitional for the moment.
- Instead of giving your users a 30 days trial, its better to give them a 100% money back garantee. This should highly increase your conversion rate on a landing page.
- Use Übersuggest to find new keywords based on google suggest
- You don’t need to be Einstein to guess that facebook ads with boobs will get more clicks than logos
- I should create my own email list. I knew it before but I’m still not doing it…
- You can do some automated posts with Hootsuite
- socialbakers.com gives you some nice Facebook stats for your next presentation
- One online shop changed its button label from “register” to “continue” and had a 300% increase in sales!
- Kevin Gibbons gave a great insight about Creative Linkbuilding with ideas I haven’t heard before